ACP Announcement Centre

Here my mods and history gets moved when validated and released to the phpbb.com MODDB

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby lefty » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:21 pm

in stylesheet.css

find
Code: Select all
#wrapcentre {
   margin: 0 auto;
   width: 940px;
   padding-top: 45px;   
}


change padding-top to e.g. 10px
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby lefty » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:23 pm

this is how it looks on my testboard now

http://www.screencast.com/users/lefty74 ... e0fae3b966
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby sK*sl!ce » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:42 am

Hmm, looks better than mine. I'm home now, but I'll try putting the menu bar back on when I return to work on Monday. Did you edit the stylesheet at all? :confused:
Image
sK*sl!ce
Forum Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:45 am

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby lefty » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:08 am

yeah, but only a bit.

here is the stylesheet, overall_header.html and announcement_centre.html (version 1.1.2)
Attachments
prototype2.zip
(6.85 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby schhub » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi All,
i was using ACP Announcement Centre for a while without problems, and yesterday i updated my forum from version 3.0.2 to 3.0.4.
Now Announce only appears when i check
Show Announcements only on Index page: NO

If yes is checked i can't see any announce.

Do you have an idea what's wrong ?

forum adress : http://www.ner-clan.net/forum

login : test

password : testttest
schhub
Newbie/Neuling
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:38 pm
Location: France

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby lefty » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:51 pm

hi, pse doublecheck that the code edits from the mod in index.php are still there.
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby schhub » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:00 pm

OMG i'm really confused :oops: i don't know why but there wasn't anything concerning your mod in my index.php file !!

Maybe update altered this file !

Thank you verry much for thez fast answer :cheer:
schhub
Newbie/Neuling
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:38 pm
Location: France

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby lefty » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:04 pm

:) you are welcome.
yeah, sometimes the update overwrites some code when merging, especially as the update to 3.0.3 was a big one...
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby jess honea » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:46 am

I just installed this MOD to my board, but I can no longer access the ACP at all. I also have the following as an error at the top of my website :
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

I've gone back and looked at everything and all was copied over per the instructions. Please help me out as soon as you can, I know time zones are going to be a problem as we are in different countries. website is www.agf-centrevillehigh.com
jess honea
Newbie/Neuling
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:42 am

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby lefty » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:55 pm

what editor do you use to edit your files?

if it is notepad, throw it away and try notepad++.

It could be that notepad created a BOM (dont ask me what it is ;) ) in the language file.

so ... take your backup of language/en/common.php and re-edit the file with notepad ++, that should do the trick
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby Lyndka » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:19 pm

I've left this in place - as the 'problem' seems to be "resolved" - I created a new user and it worked as I expected - perhaps it's the way that phpBB 'fakes' permissions for the 'Test Permissions' part....

"I've just installed your MOD (version 1.0.3a) on a Forum I admin (and even managed to edit the announcement_centre.html to fit the style we use!) but I think I might have missed something...

I can see the option to display Site Announcements to certain groups - and all the Forum groups are listed (and I can the Group ID In the Table using phpAdmin) but when I change 'Test permissions' to a user not in that group, I still see the announcement on the page - should they not be blank for a user not in the specified group? Or more likely did I miss an edit with the conditional for that?

It's a nice MOD - kudos for all the effort you put in to writing it!"


Lyndka
Lyndka
Newbie/Neuling
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby lefty » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:52 pm

hi lyndka,
i dont think the permission inheritance works in this case.

i have always tested it with creating test accounts which is how i know it works ;)
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby wrestlefanatics » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:03 am

Hey I'm getting the following errors when i try to install it.Please help.
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'wrestlef_main.ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

INSERT INTO ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE (announcement_title, announcement_text, announcement_gopost, announcement_forum_id, announcement_topic_id, announcement_post_id, announcement_first_last_post, announcement_text_bbcode_uid, announcement_text_bbcode_bitfield, announcement_text_bbcode_options, announcement_draft, announcement_draft_bbcode_uid, announcement_draft_bbcode_bitfield, announcement_draft_bbcode_options, announcement_title_guests, announcement_text_guests, announcement_text_guests_bbcode_uid, announcement_text_guests_bbcode_bitfield, announcement_text_guests_bbcode_options) VALUES ('Site Announcements', '[color=red:2yk2tmm7][b:2yk2tmm7]Site Announcements[/b:2yk2tmm7][/color:2yk2tmm7] can be seen here!! :mrgreen:', 0, 0, 0, 0, 'DESC', '2yk2tmm7', 'Qg==', 7, '[color=red:3ohuah4a][b:3ohuah4a]Draft Announcements[/b:3ohuah4a][/color:3ohuah4a] can be seen here!! :mrgreen:', '3ohuah4a', 'Qg==', 7, 'Guest Announcements', '[color=green:1l3orupl][b:1l3orupl]Guest Announcements[/b:1l3orupl][/color:1l3orupl] can be seen here!! :wink:', '1l3orupl', 'Qg==', 7)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 91
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()
wrestlefanatics
Newbie/Neuling
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby lefty » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:22 pm

hi, please double check your edits, especially the ones in includes/constants.php
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby FaresNB » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi lefty :)

I installed the version 1.0.3a

It worked perfectly on the localhost

put on the life forum when I want to set an announcement ... I get the erorr message

Code: Select all
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xD9\x86\xD9\x87\xD9\x86...' for column 'announcement_text' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_announcement_centre SET announcement_enable_guests = 1, announcement_show = 1, announcement_show_birthdays = 0, announcement_birthday_avatar = 0, announcement_title = 'Site Announcements', announcement_text = 'نهنئ جميع آل الغريبة بمناسبة تدشين العمل بنادي الغريبة الجديد بالخرطوم', announcement_text_bbcode_uid = '', announcement_text_bbcode_bitfield = '', announcement_text_bbcode_options = 7, announcement_draft = 'نهنئ جميع آل الغريبة بمناسبة تدشين العمل بنادي الغريبة الجديد بالخرطوم', announcement_draft_bbcode_uid = '', announcement_draft_bbcode_bitfield = '', announcement_draft_bbcode_options = 7, announcement_title_guests = 'Guest Announcements', announcement_text_guests = 'نهنئ جميع آل الغريبة بمناسبة تدشين العمل بنادي الغريبة الجديد بالخرطوم', announcement_text_guests_bbcode_uid = '', announcement_text_guests_bbcode_bitfield = '', announcement_text_guests_bbcode_options = 7, announcement_show_group = '2'

BACKTRACE


FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php
LINE: 99
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()


What should I do ?

thanks in advance
Students' World !

Image
FaresNB
Newbie/Neuling
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:13 pm
Location: Syria

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby Leahcim » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Hi

I receive this when i debug.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 155: Undefined index: announcement_text_bbcode_bitfield
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 155: Undefined index: announcement_text_bbcode_options
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 157: Undefined index: announcement_text_guests_bbcode_uid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 157: Undefined index: announcement_text_guests_bbcode_bitfield
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 157: Undefined index: announcement_text_guests_bbcode_options

How do i solve it?

/Mike
Leahcim
Newbie/Neuling
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre -

Postby Cruth » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:56 am

I am relatively new to phpBB.

I just Installed phpBB3 and the new Modx installer.

ACP Announcement Centre is the first mod that I have installed. :-)

Apparently, it installed correctly, as it is showing up on the index page.

However, the problem is that I cannot see where in phpBB I would administer this mod.

And, I do not see any reference on your site as to where to do this, nor a link.

I see that I need to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.04. Could this be the problem?

Thanks

Cruth
Cruth
Newbie/Neuling
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:50 am

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby lefty » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:31 am

FaresNB wrote:Hi lefty :)

I installed the version 1.0.3a

It worked perfectly on the localhost

put on the life forum when I want to set an announcement ... I get the erorr message

Code: Select all
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xD9\x86\xD9\x87\xD9\x86...' for column 'announcement_text' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_announcement_centre SET announcement_enable_guests = 1, announcement_show = 1, announcement_show_birthdays = 0, announcement_birthday_avatar = 0, announcement_title = 'Site Announcements', announcement_text = 'نهنئ جميع آل الغريبة بمناسبة تدشين العمل بنادي الغريبة الجديد بالخرطوم', announcement_text_bbcode_uid = '', announcement_text_bbcode_bitfield = '', announcement_text_bbcode_options = 7, announcement_draft = 'نهنئ جميع آل الغريبة بمناسبة تدشين العمل بنادي الغريبة الجديد بالخرطوم', announcement_draft_bbcode_uid = '', announcement_draft_bbcode_bitfield = '', announcement_draft_bbcode_options = 7, announcement_title_guests = 'Guest Announcements', announcement_text_guests = 'نهنئ جميع آل الغريبة بمناسبة تدشين العمل بنادي الغريبة الجديد بالخرطوم', announcement_text_guests_bbcode_uid = '', announcement_text_guests_bbcode_bitfield = '', announcement_text_guests_bbcode_options = 7, announcement_show_group = '2'

BACKTRACE


FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php
LINE: 99
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()


What should I do ?

thanks in advance

please make sure that the collation of the announcement centre table is the same as for the others. if not, just change announcement centre table one (via e.g. phpmyadmin) to have the same collation as the others. that should normally do the trick.
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby lefty » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:34 am

Leahcim wrote:Hi

I receive this when i debug.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 155: Undefined index: announcement_text_bbcode_bitfield
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 155: Undefined index: announcement_text_bbcode_options
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 157: Undefined index: announcement_text_guests_bbcode_uid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 157: Undefined index: announcement_text_guests_bbcode_bitfield
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 157: Undefined index: announcement_text_guests_bbcode_options

How do i solve it?

/Mike
can you go into the acp and submit an announcement?
if you cannot because of the error message, please suppress it by turning debug off temporarily (via config.php) file.
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre -

Postby lefty » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:38 am

Cruth wrote:I am relatively new to phpBB.

I just Installed phpBB3 and the new Modx installer.

ACP Announcement Centre is the first mod that I have installed. :-)

Apparently, it installed correctly, as it is showing up on the index page.

However, the problem is that I cannot see where in phpBB I would administer this mod.

And, I do not see any reference on your site as to where to do this, nor a link.

I see that I need to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.04. Could this be the problem?

Thanks

Cruth

this mod works fine on 3.0.4 so if you have no mods installed, upgrading should be fairly simple.

to see the modules in the acp, you will need to set the modules up first. if you are unsure how to do that, run the install file of this mod. you may have to run it twice (uninstall first, the install) as the database changes are already partially completed.

alternatively, upgrade to the lastest beta version (see MOD Dev section). :shifty:
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby Leahcim » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:53 pm

lefty wrote:
Leahcim wrote:Hi

I receive this when i debug.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 155: Undefined index: announcement_text_bbcode_bitfield
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 155: Undefined index: announcement_text_bbcode_options
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 157: Undefined index: announcement_text_guests_bbcode_uid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 157: Undefined index: announcement_text_guests_bbcode_bitfield
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 157: Undefined index: announcement_text_guests_bbcode_options

How do i solve it?

/Mike
can you go into the acp and submit an announcement?
if you cannot because of the error message, please suppress it by turning debug off temporarily (via config.php) file.


I can submit announcements but it is problem with BBcodes.
When using bold i get this on front page.
[b:oiendsn3]Välkommen till detta nya KNX forum.[/b:oiendsn3]

/Mike
Leahcim
Newbie/Neuling
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby lefty » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:02 pm

can you do me a favour and have a look if the fields exist in the database announcent centre table?
announcement_text_bbcode_bitfield etc
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby Leahcim » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:41 pm

uid and bitfield no value, options 7.

/Mike
Leahcim
Newbie/Neuling
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby lefty » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:17 pm

odd, do you happen to have a test site where you could give me temp ftp and admin account access so i can have a look?
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am
Location: Den Haag - NL

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Postby Leahcim » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:20 pm

I will set it up for you.

/Mike
Leahcim
Newbie/Neuling
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to [3.0.x] MOD Database Releases

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron