Birthday mail: Custom field first name instead of username?

my MODS validated or going for validation at phpbb.com. Please note that support has ended for phpbb2 mods
MODs die schon überprüft wurden oder eingereichte MODs zur Überprüfung auf phpbb.com. Support für phpbb2 mods wurde eingestellt.

Birthday mail: Custom field first name instead of username?

Postby mhbwessels » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi Lefty, I am posting this message on this forum because it was rejected on the phpBB forum. I think it is an interesting question, if not delete it and you never see me asking this question again ;)

However, first I want to say the birthday email is great! I love this MOD and waiting for it a long time.

My question is, if it is possible to change the email variable "USERNAME" into a selfmade custom profile field names "FIRSTNAME". I tried to find something about how to use custom variables in emails, but it was not that well explained as how you explain your MOD.

Could you please tell us how it works to use custom variables in your great birthday email MOD?

Greetings, martijn
mhbwessels
Newbie/Neuling

Re: Birthday mail: Custom field first name instead of userna

Postby lefty » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:24 pm

hi martijn,
i haven't actively written php code in a while so i would have to first refresh my knowledge again.

i dont have much time these days for phpbb but i will try to see if i can get round to it soon.
lefty aka The Heikze! :eyebrowe:

Heiko Carstens
http://www.lefty74.com

Would you like me to install one of my mods for you? Read here for details
lefty
Abschlussklasse R10c

Return to my MODS & support